Dr. Cathy Curran
Dr. Curran is a licensed physical therapist in the state of Illinois. She has experience treating patients of all ages, which include:
- Adults with general orthopedic conditions, pre- and post-operative rehabilitation needs, prenatal and postpartum care, and sports related injuries,
- Adolescents with orthopedic and sports injuries, and
- Babies and young children with orthopedic conditions such as torticollis, plagiocephaly and toe walking
Dr. Curran believes in direct, one-on-one patient care using a combination of manual therapy techniques and functional exercise. Her goal is to provide individualized plans for each client to promote movement, reduce pain, restore function, prevent injuries and encourage healthier and more active lifestyles.
Dr. Curran loves to travel and has spent time volunteering at a physical therapy clinic in Ecuador and completed one of her clinical rotations at a free clinic in Belize.
Dr. Curran received her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in 2015. She has worked in the fitness industry since 2011, with a Personal Training Certification from the National Personal Training Institute. Prior to physical therapy school, Dr. Curran graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, working in Financial Consulting for 6 years.
Certifications and Licenses
- Doctor of Physical Therapy; 2015
- Member of American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Member of Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA)